WHO ARE WE?
We are a group of lead poisoning survivors, activists, community members, and organizations committed to protecting Northeast Ohio's children from lead poisoning.
WHAT ARE THE NETWORK'S LONG TERM GOALS?
The Network views its creation as time-limited and single-purpose in its scope. The central purpose of this Network is to secure the passage and implementation of robust legislation in Greater Cleveland to prevent childhood lead poisoning by:
- requiring rental units to be free of building-related lead hazards;
- prioritizing low cost measures of controlling lead hazards;
- ensuring that lead hazards are adequately addressed using appropriate inspection measures that take into account deteriorated paint, hazardous levels of lead dust, lead-safe repair, and longevity of interim controls;
- addressing adequate capacity and sustainable funding for enforcement;
- and holding landlords accountable for maintaining lead safe housing.
The work of the Network, however, will not end after the passage of a lead-safe ordinance. The Network will also seek to ensure the ordinance’s successful implementation and continued enforcement.